Sorry for the recent delays in posting to my blog, but the Army has decided to not allow it on my computer. I guess they want people working at work and not blogging.
Well, things here are going just fine. I did get to experience a couple of MEDEVAC flights. That ws pretty cool. No, I was not injured, I just needed a ride. As we flew along over the desert, I was surprised at the number of Iraqi children that would run towards the helicopter and wave at us. I thought, wow, we are making a difference in the lives of these people and they are happier for it. Then I saw the crew cheif dropping the bombs. Litteraly. The crewcheif of the UH-60 blackhawk was bombing the kids, with candy bombs. They take a ziplock bag and fill it with hard candy, small toys and stuffed animals and drop it to them. Now I see why the kids are so happy to see us!
When you think of Iraq, what do you think of? Sand, Desert, barren, right? Wrong! What I have seen is mostly like driving through Eastern Colorado. Farming fields with plenty of irrigation and sometimes lush forests of palm trees and fruit groves. True, there is a large portion of Iraq that mostly desert, but thankfully, I don't have to go there too often. Iraq really is a beautiful place if you can stay out of the dirty cities. There is a ton of history here too. I think in the future that one of the biggest boosts to thier economy will come from tourism. It might be a while before that happens though. I hope they figure it out soon so I can go home to my family.
Have a great day!
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment