Hello all! Sorry that I couldn't be there with you for Easter, but I did get to see the Easter bunny while I was here. It was the first rabbit that I have seen here in Iraq. Since my last posting, I have taken another trip to Tallil. I get frequent flier miles on the Sherpa's (C-23) now. Flying in a Sherpa is really not that comfortable. It is better than a helicopter, but not by much. It's loud, hot, then cold, still loud, and the seats are kinda like a square metal frame with fabric sewn over it. I guess it's better than walking.
Anyway, THANK YOU! to Mark E., Matt F., and Lyndsay R. for the wonderful boxes of goodies. In a three day span I recieved a ton of licorice (all gone now), a bunch of CrackerJack, a boat load of Thin Mints (mostly gone), and PopTarts (all gone), gummy things, and a ton of Jerky! You guys are awesome! Thank you all so much!
As you can see from the photo I attached, we have repainted our sign. I think it turned out prettty good. If you are wondering what all that white stuff on the bottom of the barrier is, it's HAIL! yes, it storms pretty good over here sometimes. At least it's not 100 degrees YET.
Have a great day and remember to thank Melissa for all her efforts! It's not only me making sacrifices, she has a much tougher job, believe me! I can never repay her for all she has done for me and our children. I love her!
Don't forget to click on the picture if you want to see it better.
No comments:
Post a Comment