Thursday, May 3, 2007

Happy Birthday and Happy Mothers Day!

I would first like to say Thank You to everyone who has recently sent packages or letters to me and my buddies here in Iraq. Next, I would like to give a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to Craigie. I can't believe he is going to be six. It seems like only yesterday that I was speeding down the highway to the hospital to have him. He is a GREAT son and I am very proud of him. He is a marvelous boy and I couldn't ask for a kinder, gentler, more caring son. Of course he would not be those things if it weren't for his EXCELLENT mother, Melissa. She is the glue that is holding this family together in all my absences. I am truly blessed to have her as my wife and the mother of our children. I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my life with! I love you!


Well, as you can see from the photo, we keep things safe around here by constantly being on the lookout for possible attackers. I took this photo while performing some guard duty a while ago. This fellow was just watching his cattle. He is sitting next to an irrigation canal. He did come up and ask for "food?" "Pepsi?" "water?" to all his answers I said no. I did tell him to drink from the canal if he's thirsty, and he did! It's against regulations to give them food or water. Kinda like feeding the stray dogs. They always come back and ask for more and that causes distractions from the mission at hand.

Things here are going smooth. No problems and no notice of any extension. I should be back in time for Archery Elk season! Well, everyone have a great day and thanks for your support.

No comments: